[VAC] Re: Still new to a '64 GlobeTrotter

Good luck John!
         I'm sure many others will pipe in, but having just done what
you're about to do (buy your trailer   sight unseen and haul it home) I
would recommend that you have an electrician at the RV place check out your
connection if you have any trouble.  We recently drove 700 miles to pick up
our little trailer and the seller had sent us some pictures of the
electrical diagram as well as the connection itself.  My husband went out
and wired the truck connection with an adapter to the diagram specs, and
when we plugged in the trailer it still didn't work.  Apparently something
was wired improperly (we don't know on which end).  At any rate, we had to
unplug the thing and tow it to an RV place (not something I would recommend
or want to do for a very long drive), but we made it there in one
piece.  The RV guy got all the lights working, but not the brakes.  Of
course we didn't realize it until we were down the road a ways, so we
stopped and used good ol' trial and error to get all the connections hooked
up properly.  So, the moral of this story is...be as prepared as possible,
and then don't be surprised or overly upset when the unexpected
happens.  Even after a little initial trauma we got it home safely and in
fabulous condition and every time I drive up to my house I kind of chuckle
a little about the cute little trailer in my driveway...

Good luck.
Jodi of J&J 1965 Caravel