[VAC] Still new to a '64 GlobeTrotter

Hi Folks,

I wrote a few weeks back and got some great advice from many of you about
whether to use my 4cyl. Toyota to tow a '64 GlobeTrotter 19'.  Most of you
will be relieved to know that I'm borrowing a friend's diesel, Ford F-250
4x4 crew cab--a massive vehicle--for our maiden voyage from Maine down to
home in Virginia over this weekend.

Having never towed a trailer in my life, I want to be sure I avoid any
unpleasant surprises, so I've got some beginner's questions.

I'm buying this trailer (Gulp!) without every seeing it in person--through
good friends. It's in fine working order and was on the road just last
summer. I'm arriving in Maine with brand new rims/tires which I'll switch
out for the original split rims. (New rims are from Inland (gasp!$) and
tires are fine Goodyears--all up to specs.

I'm assuming that the standard brake setup on the F-250 tow package will
work with the '64 A/S brakeline and that I don't need any extra special
adaptors. I've seen pictures of the '64's electric brake hookup, and they
certainly look the same and seem to be standard. Please let me know if
there's anything unusual I should be prepared for.

I'm packing a bunch of tools and plenty of warm gear. Any other
advice/warnings would be greatly appreciated, either through the list or to
me directly at jeckman@rica.net

I'll soon be joining your happy ranks.

Many thanks,

--John