[VAC] Re: Replacing carpet.

Ed,
I have pulled the carpet in 2 Airstreams. In the 1961 I found tile under the
carpet and in the 1968 I found wood. Both carpets came up with no problem
except that Airstream put it down and then the cabinets. I wore out 3 utility
knives but got it out. With the 61 the tile under the carpet scraped up OK,
hard to get it out from the cabinets. The glue is scrapeable and if the wood
under is not damaged the new carpet will go down just fine with staples. We
put down the VCT in both and with a minimum problems, just remember to clean
the floor surface to avoid getting bumps in the tile. If you want to check
out what this looks like come the WI State Rally or the International in SD,
we will be at both and would be glad to show you the results in our 68.
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
Region 7 VAC Rep
68 Sovereign