[VAC] Re: Replacing carpet.

Ed--I think the peel and stick tiles would work great. I used them in a
bathroom in my house that gets heavy use six years ago, and they still look
great. Also, if you buy a few too many and section of the floor gets
damaged, repair is easy--you just warm up the damaged tile, pull it out, and
slap a new one down. I used Armstrong's top-of-the-line tile, and think it
was well worth it--not only are they more durable, but they're a lot
thicker, and don't telegraph minor floor irregularities as the cheap stuff
does. You will need to get the floor fairly smooth in the bath, but if the
plywood's in good shape and you can get the glue residue off without gouging
up the floor, it should work fine.

Question--I'm going to be replacing carpet in my '75 argosy, and I wondered
if anyone has had any experience with self-stick carpet tile. I figured I
could use it on the floor and on the walls, as some have suggested, for
added insulation, sound deadening, and to prevent frost and sweating. Would
appreciate comments.

Thanks!

Dan Weeks
'75 Argosy 26