[VAC] Re: A/S Floor Repair

That's a good idea ...and masking tape works for that. I did that in a boat
building project ...used 2 inch tape.

> As for drilling out the floor to allow more resin penetration, it just
> might be easier to drill smaller holes than 1/2" diameter. Definitely
> easier to control penetration. When one needs to control that
> penetration, a set screw anchored shaft collar or a piece of tubing of
> pipe cut to but against the chuck is a far more positive stop than a
> wrap of masking tape.

Yes, I would recomend a positive stop like that.  I used a bit that was just
under a quarter of an inch in diameter.

 Some day I should get a piece of rotten plywood (not in a floor) and
"repair" it just for the sake of seeing how strong it is. I realize that
cured resin is stronger when it's got fibers in it, but resin repaired wood
is probably pretty strong too. If one is concerned about strength, put a
layer of fiberglass cloth on it and it would probably be strong enough to
park your car on it!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA
#15767