[VAC] Re: A/S Floor Repair

Harvey - I have not yet taken the shell off my
airstream- (I'm working on it.) but the resin type
repairs seem to be best used on floors experiencing
mild rot, or just in the early stages of rot.  The
theory is that the resin will "wick" into the wood
fiber and renew it's strength rather than fill the
holes.  it sounds like you've assessed the damage and
it also sounds like you have a candidate for a
replacement section.  Also - side note, if the plywood
is not in a section that you would walk on, it, in
effect, *is a load bearing section (well, even if it's
in the middle of the trailer it compromises the
strength of the floor) since the whole body rests on
the plywood.

it seems to me that *most airstreams 30 years or older
are showing the signs that would require a complete
floor replacement, but it's just not practical, or
even in the agenda for alot of us that just want to
hit the road...

hats off to those who are going all the way to restore
the flooring to new, AND hats off to those who just
want to hit the road.

Toby 2029