[VAC] Re: window condensation

Bill,

I can't offer any information on removing your front windows or the apparent
moisture between your window panes.

A friend of mine has an excellent, well-maintained '84 Excella 30 or 31'
with factory equipped double-paned storm windows.  Not long ago we were
looking and talking about his trailer and he pointed to the windows and
showed me tiny particles lying at the bottom between the inner and outer
panes and explained that the particles are desiccant for the purpose of
absorbing moisture between the panes.  I can't confirm or deny his
explanation but you may want to ask someone at the factory service
department before you take the windows apart.  My friend is a pretty
knowledgeable guy who I have never known to talk about things of which he
didn't know or to make false statements.

I have taken the factory tour three times.  I was there twice during a week
stay in the area in February 1998 and again this past September.  I enjoyed
it and would take the tour again every time I can visit northern OH.  I like
visiting the birthplace of modern Airstreams.  The visit gets me all caught
up in the A/S culture and renews my enthusiasm for the product and the
ownership experience.  It's like a religious revival for "A/S true
believers."  In 1990 Wally Byam's much traveled gold anodized '57(?)A/S was
in the parking lot and about a '49 was there also.  A/S has moved them and
stored them inside somewhere now.  I was told the company has acquired a
building in Jackson Center and is creating a museum which will be open to
the public when completed.  Sometimes you'll see very interesting vintage
trailers at the factory.  There is a nice "Terraport" wagon wheel styled
parking area with three point hookup on the grounds for visitors.  It is
free if you are having service done, they overlook charging you if you buy
parts or souvenirs in the Wally Byam Store, and it is $10/night if you are
just visiting.  Winter is a good time to visit because it is not crowded and
service work is fairly easy to obtain.

The dealer you are inquiring about is Paul Sherry RV at Piqua, OH on I-75 at
exit 83, just a few miles south of Jackson Center. http://www.paulsherry.com
I don't know anything about the dealership.  You can find a list of dealers
on the Airstream company website and advertising in the Blue Beret.

Enjoy your visit to Airstream.

Harvey