[VAC] Re: deadbolt

The deadbolt in my '71 Globetrotter is in the wall. With the lock in the wall instead of the door, you can throw the deadbolt to the locked position with the main door wide open:  in this condition, the screen door is locked. We used this feature when we had little toddlers in the trailer. It kept them from falling out of the screen door (which they seemed to have a habit of doing!) Also, we lock the screen door with the deadbolt and leave the main door wide open for ventilation all night long. No one from the outside can just walk right in that way ...(it gives us a few moments to get the ball bat ready!) ;-)    I really prefer to have the deadbolt in the wall.
MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter