[VAC] Holding tank odor

Hi Vintage Listers,

Does the odor in a holding tank permeate the tank wall?  My reason for
asking is I'm considering designing my black tank and grey tank to reside
above the floor with only a pvc drain going through the floor.

My reasons are to reduce future need for bellypan removal and protect the
holding system from freeze exposure in the belly area.  If everything is
inside the trailer, temperature control stays in the interior zone.

I'm also considering having the fresh tank inside too.  My design
philosophy is "If I Went to Africa and Needed to Get to Everything in My
Trailer" -- or a sort of homesteading outlook.  A design that will lend
the trailer capable of relative independence of the convenient kind of
plumbing and other systems we are used to.

Jay L. Griffin                                   "Journeyman"
jrnymn@davesworld.net
http://homepage.davesworld.net/~jrnymn/jrnywebarchive.htm
  /          [ ]    )   Airstream Overlander '57 26'