[VAC] Re: Ammeter

Well, before you wrote this, I did some experimenting. I took the ammeter
out of my control panel and brought it in the house. I used a "C" size
battery and a 10 ohm resistance. My (old) volt - ohm meter says that there
is 100ma flowing. This caused the Airstream "ammeter" to read full scale.
I'm no electrical engineer, so I don't know what use this information is.
The weather turned really bad this afternoon, so I couldn't go back out tho
the Airstream and try anything with the wiring out there. (Now it's 12
degrees, it's snowing and the wind is howling)

>> There are standard shunts sold by electronics places ...... probably at
least $50 each. A
>lot of bread if a foot of wire will do
> adequately (though with far less precision).

I say!    If all else fails, maybe I can pilfer the shunt out of somebody's
old dead Univolt!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA
#15767