[VAC] Re: Vintage VINs, Vintage Brakes, and Vintage Shock Absorbers

Harvey,
Your posting is a model of clarity and is just the kind of passed on
experience that helps us all avoid reinventing the wheel and busted
knuckles and wallets.  Only one thing would make it better.  I've
noticed that with many posts about replacement parts found from window
sealing gaskets to shocks and brakes, that we often omit the brand name,
part name and part number.  This is most likely because we are just
going through the process naturally, sorting it out with a competent
supplier like your NAPA parts friend, installing the part, beaming with
pleasure upon finding you've solved a problem, wanting to share the joy
with us, and then doing so sometime after the box has been trashed and
the item # long gone.  So this is just a reminder to myself as well as
all my friends on this list to make a note of the part numbers in their
repair log and pass them on.  After all, when they break or wear out
down the road, you want to have the info handy to get a replacement!
And Harvey, that is a great feeling when you've just brought something
like brakes or tires that make for a safer ride up to snuff.  Thanks
again for your posting.
Tom Walden
59 Traveler
55 Safari
56 Overlander
96 BVAN
2 Bassett Hounds
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree (actually, I had to cut down the pear
tree to make room for an Airstream, no kidding)