[VAC] Re: Dent Removal

         Reply to:   [VAC] Re: Dent Removal
Perfect explanation Bill.

My experiment went like this. I took a 1/4 cup of dry ice (obtained from
a friend who was setting up a Halloween display) and wrapped it in
cheesecloth and twisted into a ball the size of the dent. Dry ice is
cold - use gloves.
I then placed it into the dent and held it in place with a scrap of
board for 1 minute. The dent area contracted, basically "oil-canning"
back into shape - kind of like the suction cup technique but on  a small
scale.  It worked best when the skin was warm (sunny-side), resulting in
my decision to wait until Spring to do the rest.  I found a retail
source of dry ice in the yellow pages, in our case it's at a local dairy
store (go figure).

RJ
'65 Caravel