[VAC] Re: Mod-Bambi

hey ed --

            off base ??  no - you are right in your thinking.  i think all
american companies have been a bit
cautious as far as forward thinking design goes.  but, we have seen new
design awareness levels rise quite
a bit in the recent past. we look at it as a way to open up new market
doors. we understand that america
as a whole is very traditional and quite generic.  the word "design" has
been used in a lot of areas where it should
not have been -- product, architecture, furniture, interiors, etc.  we are
trying to further things by putting
new ideas into the hands of the right designer. our company, in the past,
has been forced to deal with things on
a smaller scale because of awareness levels -- but in the past couple of
years we have been able to take it up
a notch or two. larger companies are starting to get it -- good design is
good business.  just look at the iMac,
the new VW beetle, Ford prototype car by Marc Newson, 9 page article in Time
about design in america,
jetBlue airlines, boutique hotels, Michael Graves at Target, running shoes,
Frank Gehry architecture,the Aeron
chair by Herman Miller, etc. --forward thinking design is on the rise and
our goal is to make people aware of it.
design is part of everyones life -- everyday.
cars,structures,tools,toothbrush,clothes,furniture,toilet brush,graphics,
tv remote,lighting,computers,etc. -- oh yes, and Airstreams.  we know that
the bad outweighs the good in all
areas of design -- we are just trying to even the scale a bit.

EXPLORE THE MAN-MADE WORLD.

take care ed, jim huff    inside design

and yes -- variety is good.