[VAC] New v. Vintage

Hello.  I am writing for some advice regarding the
purchase of a new versus vintage Airstream.  I am new
to RVing and plan to use my trailer for extensive
travel in the West, including extensive "camping" use
in backcountry areas.  I am currently considering a
Bambi 19, although I want to take a look at the new
Bambi 16 as well.

I am very attracted to the thought of purchasing a
vintage trailer and having it restored or a well
maintained older unit.  While cost considerations are
a factor, I have some questions regarding the quality
of the new units versus older/vintage trailers.  I
have heard views expressed on both sides of this issue
and invite commentary from members of this group.  Are
the newer units as well made as the older trailers?
Is the cost of having a vintage trailer, even a
smaller one, prohibitive?  Are the materials used for
the interior on the newer units of high quality and
environmentally sensitive?  Well, as you can probably
tell from my questions, I am at the early stages of a
long learning curve and am probably not even asking
the correct questions.  At any rate, I have followed
the commentary of this group and have been impressed
by the helpful and extremely knowledgable comments
that are posted on the site.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

Jerry