[VAC] Re: aluminum slide -in truck campers

I talked to Bill Cayo of Cayo Reparis in Michigan today regarding repairs to
my Avion trailer, and I asked him about the the slide-ins.   They were
Avions until 1972, when the Cayos sold the business to Fleetwood.  Fleetwood
had no interest in making slide-ins, so the Cayos continued to make them
under their own name, since they had sold all rights to the Avion name.  I
think I've heard elsewhere that there was a non-compete clause in their sale
contract, so they couldn't build trailers anymore, but I forgot to ask
about this.

I understand that there's an article on the history of Avion in a back issue
of the Vintage Advantage written by Bud Cooper, although I don't have a copy
of it.  I may just be repeating what Bud already wrote on this subject.

Don
'63 Avion T-20, 20-ft.