[VAC] Re: southern itinerary?

Hey folks.  Hope you've all recovered from the holidays and the outlaws have
decamped.

I'm starting to put together a very loose itinerary- wander would probably
be more truthful- for a southern route. Read that warm. I want to park and
explore an area for several days.  I'm looking for the quiet old south that
might have seen the Safari on a maiden voyage.  I hate the campgrounds that
look like a trailer parks, I love water and I don't require any hookup. I
want to do photographic essays and follow up with written accounts.  I hold
that there is nothing which is uninteresting in a town with no Walmart, a
mainstreet hardware store and a cafe where anybody whose anybody in town has
breakfast or lunch.

I'm wide open for suggestions.

Also, has anybody ever seen an airstream converted to a gooseneck?

Jim Graves
'54 Safari