[VAC] Re: BLUE BOOK. Airstream Valuation EVERYONE!

Toby,
     I did the survey, and several good points were raised about factors
affecting price, For example, the Caravel I bought had factory AC, and a
power jack ( both working) I guess it was loaded for a '68, but it also had
aluminum wiring ( somthing I wasn't aware of until after the fact) which
will account for a lot of the work I hadn't planned on.
     Is there a set of standards either used by WBCCI or VAC that are used
to judge Trailers at Rallys? There are a ton of factorsa which are involved
in valuing a Trailer. Maybe we as a list could pare them doen into a set of
numerical standards. ie Trailer Clenliness  10 for Immaculate,1 for Filthy.
Body Condition 10 for No Dents & Good Polish to 1 for well ...
I know a polish job runs approximatly $100 a foot so my Caravel would gain
$1700 in value for a good polish job. I think your survey format is a good
starting point, I think that as a group we could all contribute to its
refinement. James Hall '68 Caravel