[VAC] Re: Tambour Doors Wanted

I have seen some cabinets where they made solid doors of plywood (maybe
paneling ) and the used the useable Tambour material as a cover to the
plywood.  Looked quite good.  Of course you need to deal with posts and
hinges. Some models would be hard to do.  Tambour material is quite
expensive.  I have also seen the Tambour material removed and very carefully
glued to a piece of fabric and the reinstalled.  Be careful that the fabric
does not come too near the ends or it won't fit in the track.  Once we had
some reluctant ones and we removed them, thoroughly cleaned the roll place
and used silicon spray (Slipicone) and that helped.

Good Luck,

Kathy #17792