[VAC] Re: '48 A/S for sale

The fact is that a fully restored coach, can cost that and more.
My '66 Trade Wind cost $1400, two years ago.
$12,000 and 1,000 hrs later I have a restored Airstream with new appliances,
upgraded electrical and plumbing systems.
However there's not a person out there that would pay me $20,000 for my
coach.
and in case you haven't done the math that's at $8.00 per hr for my time.
Most shop rates for mechanics in the East are between $50 and $75 per hour.
What's the point?
In the present supply and demand market for Airstreams there are still
plenty of coaches out there for less than $5,000 and still quite a few
others at under $2500. As long as the supply of these trailers remains, the
high end is just wishful thinking.
Even Iowa boys on the West Coast had a Fire sale at the end of this season.
Right now they have a beautiful un-restored '56 for $3500.
The single most important driver to pricing in any market is the Supply.
The more rare a piece the more you can demand.
The Trailer in question is a one of a kind in the present market.
I have been watching all the websites and classifieds for two years
and have not seen a trailer of this type, length, and condition.

So you ask the Question "is it worth it".
Wait till the end of the Auction and see.

WAM