[VAC] Jim Graves 54 Safari

Hi Jim and Welcome to the VAC list.   You're on the right list, and
there are some good "54" owners on this list from time to time.   Three
that come to my mind are:  Tom Howarth, 53 Flying Cloud, Rick Davis, 54
Safari, and Ray Plumlee, with a 54 Safari.   These guys have built and
re-built,  their coaches from the ground up.    Unfortunately,  Tom is
moving, and Rick is busy working, and Ray may or may not be on the list
at this time.    Have patience, and stay on the list for a while.   The
answers are all here.  Wayne Moore in New Hampshire (WAM)  is in the
middle of rebuilding 5 Airstreams, and he is one of the best rebuilders
I know.   Roy Lashway is our resident Polishing EXPERT, and he can give
you all the latest on skin repair and re-finish.
Send me your serial number, and some clues as to lay out,  and I will
check to confirm date of manufacture, and exact model.    Your 54, being
an early and rare model,  could be a "Custom"  model and be different
than others.   Some early fifties,  had no toilet and no black tank.
If yours is like Rick Davis's  54, ...... It should have a stove and
kitchen to the right of the door as you enter, and a bathroom on the
street side, front.    Let me know, and we will all pitch in , and help
answer your questions.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221