[VAC] Re: (VAC) Deadbolts

A dead bolt is simple enough it should be practical to create a long
bolt in a machine shop that would allow nothing but the bolt going
through the door frame, like the original lock on my Caravel. Then the
hole in the door frame could be just the size of the bolt, not even
necessarily be round but could be carved (with hand files) to just clear
the flattened bolt. Trouble in my Caravel is there's not room for a dead
bolt in the screen opening and I'd have to attack that screen door to
make room for one.

Gerald J.