[VAC] Re: 12 volt system

Hi Jim et al:

After trying to understand the inner-mysteries of the '66 thru '68 Safari
series, I think I discovered the following (I'm sure I will hear about it
if I'm less than right.....ie: wrong).

What I think I understand about it now is that the International models
came with the fancy control panel.  Stock.  I suppose that the standard
model could have been ordered with it too.  It seems that the models in
this time-frame that had the fancy panel also had the small tail-lights
and a nifty trim treatment around them.  The "Plain-Jane" models had the
"Wedding Cake" type 7" tail-lights, no trim, and SOME of the same
electrical devices in the same place, but not ALL of the devices found in
the International model's control panel.  IOW, the standard models
usually didn't have a "control panel" per se.

Some of the features found in this panel that are missing in the standard
model are the tank level measurement devices.  The battery level gauge
found in this panel is located in the forward overhead locker in my '67
"non-International" model.  Etc....

Instead of a panel, I have (in the same location above the fridge where
the panel would be):

Voltage (AC) gauge
A/C switch
Water pump switch