[VAC] Re: Plywood flooring questions

Title: Plywood flooring questions
Jimbo,

I have a 63 Overlander, and have replaced some floor areas.  The rear from the vanity back was rotted out - seems a design flaw which funnels all the water inside from the bumper cover.  I removed the floor in pieces from above to a line cut by a sawzall about two feet in from the back.  I will replace it in sections from above and attach it to the frame and an aluminum "L" riveted to the edges, and to wood cleats where it meets the original floor.
On mine, the floor insulation was draped over the frame members and the floor laid on top which compressed it to a thin fiberglass membrane.  This may be the "gasket" you 're asking about.

Greg/63 Overlander