[VAC] Re: Polishing?

Chuck: If your skin is in good condition, you can just strip the clear coat and
then wax the finish, which is what I did on my '66 Overlander
(http://www.airstream.net/rallies/olema2000/pages/site122.html). I used a
product called Soy Clean, a soybean oil based product, which was easy on the
hands but did the job. I used plastic scrapers, working with the 'grain' of the
aluminum, being careful not to gouge the aluminum. I did this job two summers
ago (hot weather works best to bubble up the clear coat), and has held up well.
It's not as shinny as a full polish job, but good enough for my tastes.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver