[VAC] Re: VAC Insulation, anyone?

Steve, your '65 Overlander probably has the same Suburban heater that mine had,
one that had been recalled due to leaking caskets around the intake/exhaust pipes.
Don't use this heater unless this has been addressed. I spoke with my local
Airstream dealer who told me even if I repaired the defect, the heater wasn't very
effective. At a local WBCCI meeting, a member told me about the catalytic heaters
and how "wonderful" they were. So rather than replace the Suburban with a new one,
I yanked the Suburban (which I now use the space for storage) and installed an
Olympian 6100 on the front bulkhead by the front door, and a model 3100 in the
rear bath facing the tub ( I have a center twin, rear bath model with galley
refrig curbside and sink roadside).
These can be found at Camping World or other camping supply houses.I had mine
unstalled at Camping World for about the same $ as a new Suburban furnace.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander International
Denver