[VAC] Re: Oil in my L.P. line?

Scott,
I recently purchased a '93 Excella and in the process of going through the
coach I repainted the tongue. When I took everything on the a-frame off I
noticed a small amount of oil coming out of the line that connects to the
regulator. I inquired about this at my local RV repair shop and was told
that the regulator was mounted too low. The regulator on that coach was
mounted on a bracket near the bottom of the tanks. I was told that the
regulator needs to be mounted up near the top of the tanks. My understanding
is that the LP comes out of the tank in a gas form and travels to the
regulator. But when it get below the fuel level in the tanls it reverts back
to liguid and a that point the oil in the LP accumulates in the line from
the regulator to the coach. I don't completely understand how all this
happens but my fix was to fabricate a bracket which mounts to the tank
hold-down rod and move the regulator to the top of the tanks. The old
regulator mount was original equipment from '93 so this small amount of oil
has accumulated over the past 7 years. We'll see what happens in the future.
To drain the oil I just lowered the front of the coach and left it for a a
number of days with a rag taped to the LP line.
Jack Newkumet
'64 Bambi  '93 Excella