[VAC] Re: Door Seal Problems

Yes Dan, I believe there is another solution. Whether it's better or not will be dependent on who
does the job for you. I've only seen the job done once, and it worked. The Airstream owner had
opened his door on a windy day and it slammed into the side of his trailer with great force,
resulting in less curve to the door than it had before. It was too flat to match the curve of the
door frame and body.

The "fix" (done by a caravan mechanic and helper) involved reshaping the door carefully and included
using wooden boards. It's a two person job and I cringed when I saw how the door was manhandled
during the reshaping efforts. Several efforts were made and each time, I was sure the door would not
survive. But it did, the resulting fit was nearly perfect, and.....there was no evidence of the
brute force it had just endured.

Suggestion: Keep asking around until you find a Caravan Mechanic who says confidently, "Sure, I can
do that for you. I'll need you to be my helper." In the meantime, the weatherstrip route will have
to do.

Terry