[VAC] VAC Insulation, anyone?

Brrr. It's getting cold here in Iowa. It's just below freezing out, and I'm
sitting here with my 1500 watt, 5,700 btu ceramic heater on high, pointed
straight at me as I type, with a sweater on, and I'm sorta warm on one side.
And I've been working like this all day. I think the R value of this rig
must be about R-1, what with all the thermal bridging from the aluminum
ribs, etc. Anyone got any tips about insulating these rigs? I'm afraid it's
going to be all my 20,000 BTU Input Suburban Gas furnace can do to keep it
liveable in here next month, and I'm wondering what I'm going to do on those
windy, -20 days in January.