Re: [VAC] Axle camber

Dear Listees,

I have been accused of giving misinformation, and challenged as to the
credibility of some information I sent to the list.   The facts are as
follows:

1. The Henschen axle is bent at manufacture to provide the correct
camber and tow-in.  Mounting brackets are then welded to the torque tube
at the proper and exact position , so that the axle when bolted to the
frame has the proper camber and tow-in.

2.  In the event, the axle is some how bent out of alignment
specifications, the axle may have to be bent again.  The only way it can
be bent to affect alignment to the torsion arms, is to shim the mounting
brackets at the frame, or cut and re-weld the mounting brackets after
the tube is bent to the correct alignment.

3.  For a picture of the axle, torsion arms, and mounting brackets go
to;
http://www.mobilexhibit.com/suspen.html

4.  While the axle is referred to as the Dura Flex, it is possible, that
is the Canadian trademark name, because the US name is Dura Torque.

5.  If I have given out any misinformation, then, Mia Culpa.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU
http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/