[VAC] Re: [VAC]Univolt

Hi Merry,
First off, mine is a model 30. I think the models 25, 30 and 35 are
basically all the same. There are some models that have capacitors, mine
doesn't. Yours may not have the same exact problem as mine.
I replaced 2 diodes that had gone bad. Someone who knows how to check diodes
has to test them to find the bad ones. The parts were purchased at a local
electronics supply business. I did not use the exact same part, but rather
an electronic equivalent, but with higher ratings. I can go into this
further if you would like but I think it may be better if we did it direct
so as not to clutter the VAC list.
Phil Piper