[VAC] New member

My name is Andy Sistrand, from Bethany, CT. My wife Mickie and I have a 1964
19' Globetrotter we acquired recently. We're planning a cross country trip
this Fall, and I hope I can get some advice from experienced vintage
Airstreamers as questions come up. We have just joined the Vintage Airstream
club.

One question I have is : What's a good spot to carry a spare tire? Also,
changing the tire on the trailer is difficult- the tire gets stuck between
the wheel well and the hub. Any helpful hints about easing the tire in would
be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where I can get : 1) the little spring knobs for the
cabinets 2) a replacement range hood with a top opening. 3) a knob for the
ceiling vent operator - looks like a 4 point star with a  1/4" square
(approx.)  socket that fits on the the shaft of the operator

Also, is security a problem? we are completely new to RVing in general. Are
break-ins a concern? How about theft of entire trailer? Is a security alarm
system a good idea?

I hope I'm not asking too many questions. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much- Andy