Re: [VAC] Suburban performance

Joe, you will have no problem towing wise with that Suburban. I have towed
my '60 Overlander with a 318 V8 / 3.55 through the Rockies and no problem
getting 8 to 11 mpg. I now tow it with a 460 V8 /4.10 and get 9 to 11 mpg.
The 318 knew the trailer was back there but always had enough to do
everything that I asked of it. The 460 doesn't even realize that something
is back there. If you are really conserned about the mpg's, a Dodge pickup
with the Cummins diesel engine is the way to go, you should be able to get
about 15 mpg towing, and 22 mpg solo.
Scott Scheuermann