Re: [VAC] New member

The wheel-well on a '64 GT is small in order to get a refrigerator aft
of the door & before the wheel.  The only way to get the tire out is to
jack the trailer "real high" from the reinforced pad (small aluminum
patch) on the bottom skin below the chassis channel, or from the gusset
that the outboard end of the axle and the shock attaches to. Don't jack
from the axle at all.  The tire almost needs to come straight down & out.

The only "original" locations I've seen spare tires are - behind the
front LPG tanks, or on the rear bumper connected to the 2 chassis rails.
 Our front carrier was an Airstream dealer offering in 1965, but any
welding shop could build you one.

See:
http://members.home.net/dial/vintageairstream/myrtle_home.html
for a picture of the tongue mount.