taillight wiring

-- Hello fello Airstreamers,I need some help with the wiring on A 1969
overlander, California model. I'm helping a good friend that is trying
to get this inspected. I need the correct wiring colors for the rear
lights. I've replaced the sockets & bulbs , but when I seem to get one
side correct the backup light on the other side comes on when the brakes
are energized. I checked all the grounds & to no avail I'm  dumfounded.
Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

                                                 Thank You,
                                                 Joe DeLillo
                  "59" Overlander(when things were simple)(mine)
                                                 Tooljd@snet.net