RE: [VAC] Small, portable A/C

Sherry, in your area, dry mountains, low humidity, "dry heat", sometimes
an evaporative type cooler is adequate.   I certainly wouldn't pay $400
for one , or $300 for that matter.  At your altitude, and dry
conditions, your Cenvair from Australia probably does the job.    In
Sam's yesterday, here in East Texas, I saw a new 5,000 btu, Whirlpool
Air Conditioner, 4.8 amps, for sale for $139  dollars, there was also a
GE model for the same price.   They are window type, so the installation
is easy, and they require no water, no ice, and little or no
maintenance.   I'd say, not bad for $139 .

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU
http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/