Re: [VAC] Reese friction sway control bar/driving issues

Dave,
 It sounds like you either have them too tight or are bottoming them
when you turn tightly. You should check for the latter while in a
parking lot, ESPECIALLY while backing up and jackknifing the rig.

If you're not bottoming them, take a few test runs with the tension
adjusted to a lighter setting and see if the rig still performs OK. I
don't think you want them any tighter than necessary to eliminate most
of the sway. FWIW: my rig will wiggle just a bit when a truck passes me,
but it doesn't bother me. I have a single sway bar on a 25', 6000#
trailer. And, I don't have it real tight.
                                        <<Jim>>