Re: [VAC] Historical Info Wanted

I've been working on putting this on the web since
about March of this year - so far I've got an
incomplete listing of models, a dictionary of terms
and a Serial Number Calculator that's about 70%
accurate... I'll forward the information to the list
shortly...

Ultimately though I think Judy is on the mark - What
was once an original layout in a 40+ year old trailer
is not necessarily what you will find in the same
coach today. Most layouts are similar though.  So look
in some windows, and you'll get a good idea... you are
better off determining what you want, then finding a
trailer that has those options... Also, if you are
looking for a vintage with a specified layout, you are
gonna have a fun time trying to find *that* trailer,
with *that* layout, in *your* price range...  That's
part of the beauty of the vintage ones, they don't
make 'em anymore.

However, if you are doing a history of some sort,
Bryan Burkhart's book is a great start, in there
you'll find (at least) references to just about every
major piece of literature about airstreams.  Airstream
has layouts for the mid-60's on, and before that
you'll have to find people who own them to see what
they have.

Toby 2029

p.s. sorry this was such a long response, I know I
duplicated alot of what Judy already said.