Re: [VAC] Historical Info Wanted

I was waiting for some of the "pro's" on the list, in hope that there is a
place...I don't think there is, yet.  The new book,

Airstream - The History of the Land Yacht
by Bryan Burkhart and David Hunt

is wonderful...See the post Thursday from "Blair's Mom" It has some interior
photos and some floorplans, but very few compared to the long life of the a/s
co.  If you can get access to a/s service manuals, which I understand exist
for mid-60's on, they appear to have floor plans and every detail about the
coaches you could ever imagine.  I have the 72 manuals and all the floorplans
for that year are included along with exploded diagrams of every system and
component.  I have also "heard" on the list that the VAC Historian is in the
process of scanning owner's manuals for posting...For future viewing.

FYI  Service and Owners manuals are available from Secretarial Services in
Ohio
     Call Secretarial Services at 937/492-8885   and get ready to open your
wallet.

Your request for floorplans, etc., also depends on the reason...If you're
looking for a coach to buy, take a look at a couple, check out the a/s
website,   www.airstream-rv.com and you'll quickly be able to tell from the
outside window arrangement what the inside floorplan probably looks like...If
you are doing a research project to make a complete and accurate
history...WOW!

Hope that's helpful...Judy
72 27 International Ambassador