Re: [VAC] Article on new Bambi 16

Jim, Bill, et alia..............
Hope the new baby is one I would want to own.  Was disappointed with the
Safari and Bambi reissues because the interiors looked slightly awkward
and committee-designed.  Have been turned off by the trend of
mauve/oak/leaded glass ripeness the retirees were buying and I wanted
something clean with a design that worked together like the 50's and
60's trailers had.  Like the idea of small and light with a clean
contemporary design - more Conrans and Workbench than Country Living or
Golden Girls.  Taking the cue from what really good contemporary design
is doing will do more to grab my generation and younger.
I would be tempted to complete my fleet with something out of
Metropolitan Home or Abitari.  Under $20,000 will take away slightly
from the upward trend in Vintage Units perhaps.  When the choice is to
buy a vintage one for $4000 to $6000 and sink $4000 to $10,000 into it,
or buy a clean functioning and warranteed small unit for $18,000, there
will be some different choosing going on than now.
Nothing will induce me to give up all of my 50's fleet, but adding to
it; that's a different story!
Tom Walden