Re: [VAC] Towing - Sway Control

Tom & Gary,
 I've used an EZ-Lift friction sway bar on both my trailers and find
that it does help. However:

The first thing I did was pull the slider out and clean it up. Then,
lubed the threads on the adjuster screws. I back it off completely when
hooking up, then crank it down 2 turns of the handle. On that particular
sway bar, that doesn't feel very tight at all.

I never back it off for tight turning/maneuvering as suggested. However,
I do find that it makes a slight improvement in how the trailers handle
on the road. Although there was no real sway before, the bar makes it a
bit more 'solid' in feel, especially when semis pass me.

If you have to have the friction adjustment cranked down very tight, I
think you have other problems. As in too little tounge weight.

                                         <<Jim>>