Re: [VAC] Air Cond (another tack)

As someone who's not had much interest in putting AC into (onto) our AS
('73 Safari), I am nevertheless intrigued by the "Windchaser Mobile Air
Conditioner" in the current "Lifestyle Fascination" catalog. (Gadzooks,
what a bad name!) Web site is www.shoplifestyle.com.

This thing is 12"D x 18"W x 30"H, on castors (no weight given), no drip
pan req'd, hot air & moisture vents through a "hose" (no diameter given),
9,000 BTU. It's not bad looking and, at $700 seems pretty competitive
with standard rooftop units--yes?. The advantages I see are:

1) No installation. Whatever this "hose" is, it goes out a window. (Or
you could set up a special opening with a quick-disconnect fitting
similar to a sewer hose connection.

2) If, like us, you see only occasional use for AC (we usually camp where
there are no hookups and/or are in reasonably cool weather), then you
only bring along the AC occasion. Otherwise no weight, less visual
clutter, less competition for rooftop space (solar panels?), lower center
of gravity, lower overhead clearance, less wind resistance, no drain
issues....

Anybody have experience with one of these, ore a similar product?

Rob