Re: [VAC] gas airconditioning links

Nearly all A/C makers have a natural gas engine powered whole house and
up A/C. And several make that size and up absorption. There's nothing
I've found between the RV refrigerator size and the whole house in
either. All the truck units I found use gas or diesel engines and
mechanical compressors. They admit the diesels are a little noisy, but
the gas engine units they claim quiet. But quiet on the interstate is
loud in the remote campground.

Since both technologies (engine powered and absorption) are in the
market place, the inefficiencies of the absorption unit must be
comparable to the inefficiencies of the gas engine (on the order of 25%
fuel to shaft output).

Still if I had to have A/C I'd start with an old large RV refrigerator
or a visit to a rebuilding shop to acquire pieces with modified plumbing
to better fit the A/C task. And I'd work on better insulation and
sealing of the camper to require less and I'd park it under a reflective
mylar fly to cut down on solar influx.

Gerald J.