Re: [VAC] gas airconditioning links

	Back in the '70's, a company made a rootop gasoline powered A/C for
conversion vans. Pretty neat idea- back then it was just a matter of
hooking a lawnmower type engine to a car A/C compressor, with a small
alternator for the fans.
	I imagine with newer technology, the motors could be made much smaller-
someone mentioned the residential natural gas heatpump- there is one just
south of here, near Orlando. It also harneses (I think) the waste heat from
the engine to heat water.

	As far as an absorbtion type A/C- I think you would have to scale it up so
large, that it would not be practical- otherwise, you could just leave the
refrigerator door open ;-)
________

	Chris Bryant
	Bryant RV Services