Re: [VAC] State Inspection

Tom - thanks again for maintaining those archives, an invaluable resource...

It looks like i'm going to have to replace a couple of exterior (dome) panels on my '49 Clipper...i've checked the archives a couple of times for details on panel removal/replacement and come up empty... any suggestions as to 'keywords'?

As for the replacement aluminum, i've checked the Airparts site, and they list both Alclad (2024 T3) and 2024-0 in a variety of thicknesses. Bill Scott's mentioned the .040 and .032... the T3 is available in the .040 thickness, but not the narrower gauge. Am I correct in assuming that the .040 is for the shell, and the .032 for the belly-pan?

Thanks again -
Tuna
wbcci #8862
'49 Clipper