[VAC] New List Server

Hi Vintage Listers,

Please excuse my dropping in here like this, but... the long overdue
upgraded mailing list server is now online. Majordomo is being
retired, and replaced by the new sleek Mailman server which
offers a web based subscription management system. The new
server supports integrated archiving, and digesting, as well as
all sorts of user definable options for receiving mail from this
mailing list.

Due to the existence of some chronically bad accounts which
we have been unable to weed out of the existing subscriber
base, we will not be automatically subscribing everybody on
the new server. If you wish to continue receiving messages
from this list, you *must* visit the new server and subscribe
yourself directly. You will be required to choose a password
for your subscription, which will then enable you to select
options such as digests, and delivery suspension etc.

Please sign up with the new server as soon as possible, as I will
be dismantling the old majordomo in a few days.

The new list address for messages will be

vintage@list.airstream.net  rather than the old  vintage@airstream.net

I will be redirecting the vintage@airstream.net address to the new list
so you will have to be signed up on the new server in order to receive
any mailings sent to either the old address or the new.

My apologies to those who may have just gone through the
rigmarole of joining this list recently. This is a long overdue
and much needed upgrade to the system, which will provide
much better support for this online community.

The subscription page for the new vintage list is at