Re: [VAC] gas airconditioning versus electric utilities

There's enough blame to go around. Utilities didn't push hard enough.
Utilities gave up too easily despite the vision of future needs AND
state regulation requirements for more generation than demand. Federal
regulations for nuclear power plants took construction times from 3
years to ten years and some gave up and put in gas or coal fired boilers
to run the turbines to provide badly needed capacity and to get some
return out of an enormous investment. There HAS BEEN a great deal of
conservation or we'd already be hurting for power.

I realize that some can't take heat. So far I can and feel better for
it.

I don't think there is any perfection to be done to make a propane
powered absorption A/C unit. Its a matter of assembling existing parts
into an A/C instead of a refrigerator. I couldn't make one without
infringing so many patents that as soon as I announced it, a half dozen
corporate attorneys would be on the phone advising their company owned
patents to require me to pay them royalties, IF THE WOULD ALLOW me to
continue, or simply to quit. I can't see why the product doesn't already
exist somewhere in the world. India would be a good place, but all I
found there were conventionally shaft powered by small gas, gasoline or
diesel engines made by carrier for delivery trucks, delivery vans, and
busses. The best bet is probably the Servel Company
http://www.robur.com/ unfortunately there only complete web page this
week is in Italian and I don't read Italian. Other good places to
already have the product ought to include Egypt, Israel, India,
Indonesia, and Brazil. Though Brazil's might run on grain alcohol
instead of propane. That's a decent fuel too with lots of energy and
clean burning.

My available capital is planned for house construction (along with a
"mad scientist's laboratory" with room for product development).

Gerald J.