Re: [VAC] Shocks? Bambi's and Henschen Axles

Tuna, if you are going to put in a new ladder frame, like Bud Cooper did
on his 48 Liner, you would be wise to go with a new "Dura Torque", just
like his.    I think the only design limits will be the amount of room
left in your wheel wells, for the additional "travel" the wheels will
have.  If you decide to go with a less expensive I-beam axle and leaf
springs, I'm sure it will perform adequately, but not with the superior
ride of the "Dura Torque".  In terms of a lowered profile,  you may be
asking for trouble.  One or two inches may just be the amount that some
driveways require, so as to avoid the "swale" of the dip.   Many dips
and driveways now do damage on lower components like rear sewer
connections, and water connections.  If all those lower water and sewer
connections are protected by the frame, in some spots the frame will
still drag, so, you should be aware of that problem.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU
http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/