Re: [VAC] 14x25 vent cap - making it

Dear Greg,

I just received my vent cover from Inland RV ($175 lighter with S & H) and
must say that although it would probably do the job it's not at all like the
original.  From what I can recall when I snapped off the remaining pieces, it
was actually two pieces of plastic forming an insulative pocket.  The top one
was shaped in a very soft apex and the bottom one more flat.  There was also
a way to attach the vent cranks on both sides to be able to raise and lower
them as well.   Would yours be like that?  Would you destroy one if someone
gave you one to use to make the mold?  Maybe someone with a good one would
donate it to the cause....  Mine on my 65 Safari had become brittle and
eventually cracked apart or I would have gladly given it up for research and
development.  Please keep me posted on the progress on this very needed part.

Bebe Gordon
65 Safari 22 ft.