[VAC] inside design

hello-

    the inside design/Wilsonart Airstream has been a hit since first showing it this past May.
i have seen quite a few comments in the discussion group area.  i feel that i need to explain
our project -- people did not seem to fully understand or they "heard" only half of the story.

   we did this as an exploration in design for future Airstreams. we are not trying to show what we want to do
with vintage ones.  we just happened to use a vintage one for our prototype. also, we were not trying to
destroy the integrity of a vintage trailer -- we all know that these trailers are found in all kinds of conditions.
believe me -- as a mid-century furniture collector / architecture fanatic -- i adore a vintage trailer with it's
original interior as much as anybody. (esp. 50's and 60's) we feel that is when true design ideas were
last explored. we want to embrace the history and heritage of Airstream while presenting an idea to
help carry on into the future.

  pictures can be seen at www.insidedesign.com -- click on "design talent management" and scroll down a bit

thanks and take care, jim huff    inside design