[VAC] hydro-flame

in my 66 caravel we have the 'hydro-flame' furnace it looks original except
that there is a piece of 110V wire in the cabinet and it just ends. Someone
Jerry rigged a computer type fan on the grille. I think that someone added a
new controller and removed an old fan. The new controller has a copper wire
running to a copper bulb on the wall. Is that original? or a new feature.
Mainly the central flame seems wimpy, only slightly bigger then the pilot is
the orifice clogged?